Some folks in Orrville have been working to make sure people's nights are merry and bright as wellSource: thebargainhunter.com
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Monday declined to tighten controls on industrial soot emissions, disregarding an emerging scientific link between dirty air and Covid-19 death ratesSource: nytimes.com
As more people are hiking and enjoying Connecticut’s forests, an action plan is being updated on the condition and future of`the state’s wooded areasSource: middletownpress.com
Farmers and environmentalists have joined forces to beg the Scottish Government to show leadership and clear messaging on the future direction of rural supportSource: pressandjournal.co.uk
Ireland stands on the cusp of "extraordinary opportunities" as the EU embarks on the Green New Deal, which will be the biggest historic investment since World War 2 and fullSource: irishexaminer.com
Only about 9% of all plastics generated in the U.S. were recycled in 2018, the latest year data are available from the U.S. Environmental Protection AgencySource: philly.com
Despite Chicago's dismal recycling rate, city does nothing to ensure tens of thousands of buildings do so, watchdog finds- Chicago Sun-Times
If the city is going to improve its dismal rate of recycling, it’s going to have to start following its own law and police businesses, apartment buildings and condoSource: chicago.suntimes.com
It’s been a roller coaster year at Danbury-based FuelCell Energy, and not just because of coronavirusSource: middletownpress.com
The Opportunity Project, or TOP, is celebrating its fifth anniversary this year with four tech development “sprints’’ running simultaneously to address challenges in the natural and built environment Former FederalSource: lakeconews.com
Catherine McCabe, the commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, will leave her post Jan. 15Source: nj.com
The recent report from the Environmental Protection Agency on urban waste water treatment in 2019 has been broadly welcomed by Inland Fisheries Ireland (IFI), although concerns relating to raw sewageSource: irishtimes.com
Within his first 100 days in office, President-elect Joe Biden plans to reenter the United States into the Paris climate agreement of 2015, an obtainable move among many ofSource: mlive.com
SACRAMENTO — Over four decades, Mary Nichols has been the regulator behind some of the nation’s most ambitious climate policies and, in recent years, she’s been their staunchest defenderSource: mercurynews.com
SACRAMENTO, CalifSource: sentinelcolorado.com
SACRAMENTO, CalifSource: mymotherlode.com
SACRAMENTO, CalifSource: bcdemocrat.com
SACRAMENTO, CalifSource: thetelegraph.com
Oil, power and other heavy industries are proposing to build nearly three dozencarbon capture projects across the country over the next several years as advancing climate change and a generousSource: mrt.com
Ireland is hurtling towards a bleak environmental future with just 10 years left to save our clean, green imageSource: irishmirror.ie
Ireland's environment has a bleak outlook, with biodiversity, air quality, and rivers among aspects under threat, unless dramatic shifts occur in policy, a major new report has warnedSource: irishexaminer.com
Covid-19 challenged people’s abilities to cope with societal disruption but prompted stronger appreciation of “connectedness to the environment on a local scale” even within a few kilometres ofSource: irishtimes.com
The latest Environmental Protection Agency evaluation of the health of Ireland’s environment makes clear that playing the green card as a country cannot be justifiedSource: irishtimes.com
The latest assessment of the state of the Irish environment shows a litany of planning and enforcement failures are putting nature and wild places “under unprecedented pressure”Source: irishtimes.com
KALAMAZOO, MI — Michigan environmental regulators have approved an air pollution permit for a Kalamazoo paper mill that requires the company monitor for nuisance odors and reduce its greenhouse gas emissionsSource: mlive.com
DETROIT -- General Motors is switching sides in the legal fight against California's right to set its own clean-air standards, abandoning the Trump administration as the president's termSource: abcnews.go.com
For more specific environment news, GreenNewDealNews.com is further subdivided into a handful of general topics, including
• Agriculture. Large-scale farming without adequate wastewater treatment has results in overproduction of methane, a particularly damaging greenhouse gas.
• Endangered species. The interconnectivity of life on planet Earth is still nowhere near understood, but it is clear that with each species becoming endangered, moribund or extinct, the chain of life loses a valuable link.
• Green politics. Across the world, an exciting new generation of politicians is pushing progressive policies; we’re particularly interested in those centered on environment and especially those spinning off Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Green New Deal.
• Green business. Many in the US and UK fear green politics as pure socialism, but from our perspective, a lot of investors are making a lot of money in very capitalistic fashion right now – and the trend could well continue for the foreseeable and even long-term future.
• Climate science. To address issues of today’s climate emergency/emergencies, mankind is depending on science on technological development. Improvements to green tech are reported seemingly daily and investment is rife; could humanity even be heading into a scientific golden age?
For all the latest news and information on everything environment-related from the top sources internationally across the internet, the site to check with is GreenNewDealnews.com.